Chailey School has an mobile App

Chailey School has an mobile App

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Luke kicks off with Wasps!



Luke Talbot in Year 7 is, according to the Chairman of Wasps Minis Rugby, ‘one to watch’.

Luke joins other youngsters every Sunday morning being put through their paces at the London Wasps training ground in West London and last year the U11s walked away with the Middlesex Plate after beating Ealing in the final.  Luke played a pivotal role as Wasps’ Centre, turning in an outstanding performance as he had done throughout the season.

Their Head Coach, and ex-player, Mark Currie was quoted in the Wasps news report as follows:
 
“Luke travels with his father from Brighton, is nearly always the first boy at training and last to leave.  His natural strength and speed combined with vision and a never give up attitude has made him the most valuable player in the squad.  He is an outstanding tackler, has an excellent side step and an accurate pass off both hands.  If he continues with his current drive, I see a promising future in this sport for him.”

Luke says:  “Playing for Wasps is a dream come true for me.  I’ve supported them all my life so to get the chance to wear the famous black and gold is a real honour.  I travel a long way from my home in Sussex each week but I wouldn’t miss it for the world!  My ambition is to one day play for Wasps 1st team and join such greats as Lawrence Dallaglio, Tom Varndell and Stephen Jones.”

Well done Luke!