Chailey School has an mobile App

Chailey School has an mobile App

Thursday 14 May 2015

Year 7 student, Zantia, a Junior Bake Off Contestant



Zantia Stevenson writes:
JUNIOR BAKE OFF

As a normal school girl I had a dream, a passion for baking and also food tech. My dream became a reality!

First of all I printed off an application form for the Junior Bake Off and filled it in and made a mango and passion fruit Pavlova, then printed off a photo, attached it, and also included a photo of myself. The next thing I know is I get a phone call from a producer saying I got into the finals of the auditions!!!!!

Then I got given some dates and a few weeks ago I went to London and met Mary Berry and James Martin.  This was probably the best moment of my entire life (I am not even on the programme yet). Then a few days  later I got another phone call asking if I would like to be part of the show!!!!!!!!!

Questions you might ask me:

·       When do you start filming? 
    We start filming in August.

·       What are you going to be baking? 
Every week we will be baking something different. So you will have a technical challenge where you have to follow a specific recipe then a creative challenge where you have a theme and you have to make something inspired by that theme e.g. underwater.

·       Who inspires you to bake?
The person who truly inspires me is my great grandmother and this is because she is always  teaching me new things even though she is now elderly ( 97) and often says to me and my mum, (my other inspiration) “the moment I stop baking is the moment you need to be worried”.

·       What is your favourite thing to bake?
My favourite thing to bake is probably a pastry based tart because I love French baking as it is very sweet and I love making my own pastry and filling it with delicious and sweet sauces that are creamy and also you can make it look really pretty and professional.

·       How old were you when you started?
I started properly baking at the age of 4.  I started with cakes and wanted to bake every single day so at the age of 7  I started to bake on my own.

·       What career do you want to follow?
I would like to professionally be a chef and own a few coffee shops and become the head chef.  I have wanted this dream since I was 5!!!!!!!!!!